WELCOME TO THE DAFEN PRIMARY SCHOOL WEBSITE!
Dafen Primary School is a Community Primary School which caters for pupils between the ages of three and eleven years old. The school is located in the village of Dafen.
Aims and Objectives
At Dafen School we aim to help pupils to:
- Be part of a happy, stable and caring environment, which provides the opportunity for every child to realise his or her full potential in all areas of the curriculum.
- Develop an enquiring mind.
- Develop the ability to question and discuss rationally.
- Apply himself/herself creatively to tasks.
- Develop physical skills.
- To acquire the knowledge, understanding and skills that are relevant to the National Curriculum, and to life in a rapidly changing world.
- Use language and numbers effectively.
- To appreciate the religious dimensions of life, and to help pupils understand what it means to take religion seriously. In our culture the greatest concentration will be on Christianity, but there will also be opportunities to offer insights into other religions, and develop respect for those who belong to them.
- Understand the world in which they live and the interdependence of individuals, groups and nations.
- Appreciate human achievements and aspirations.
We hope that you will find the website informative.
Please check for regular updates and use the calendar for upcoming events.
Dafen Primary School has adopted an app called Schoop. Schoop allows us to share information with parents about school news and events. The app is free and is available directly from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.