This half-term our theme is Do you want to be friends? As part of this theme we will be;
- Learning about ourselves and eachother; our friends, our likes and dislikes,
- Exploring our senses through a range of practical activities,
- Learning about 'People Who Help Us',
- Investigating materials, sorting materials according to textures, carrying out a practical Science Investigation,
- Developing mathematical skills in measuring, comparing and ordering according to a set criteria e.g. height, shoe size,
- Exploring our outdoor learning areas including the 'Mud Kitchen', Garden Area, Construction and Sand Area.
PE will take place on a Thursday morning. Please could children bring their PE kit i.e. tshirt, joggers, trainers, in to school in a bag clearly labelled with their name. The children will change in to their kit prior to the PE session.
Library books will be sent home on a Friday. Please could all books be returned to class before the following Friday in order for your child to select a new book to take home.
Your child will be allocated a 'reading day'. Could you please ensure that their reading book is returned on the correct day in order to allow your child to read to a member of staff.
Snack Time/Amser Snac
The cost of a daily snack per week is £1. This can be paid weekly or termly. This half term the cost is £8. The cost for a full term is £15.
We use any money raised (following the purchase of snacks) to purchase resources for our class such as baking/decorating items, craft resources and activities for the children.
Tuck Shop (optional)
During morning break the pupils also have the opportunity to purchase a piece of fruit from the school 'Tuck Shop'. This is run by our schoo council. Each item costs 30p.
If possible, could your child please bring in a pair of wellies to leave in school beneath their peg. We intend on using the outdoor area regularly and as the weather is likely to change and become wetter/colder a pair of wellies would be beneficial. We also have waterproof overalls for the children to wear. Could a jacket or coat also be brought in to school each day please.
Thank you for your support,
Miss Singleton, Mrs Littler and Miss Rees